Welcome to Scoreattack.net Sign in | Join | Faq

Twin Seeds

Started by Lance Way at 02-13-2006 9:45 AM. Topic has 4 replies.

Print Search
Sort Posts:    
   02-13-2006, 9:45 AM
Lance Way is not online. Last active: 1/25/2007 2:48:51 AM Lance Way

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 02-11-2006
England
Posts 148
The cheesy star-switch trick
Reply Quote

You may have noticed that both my own and tabitha's scores for Twin Seeds are in the region of 170,000. If that figure looks very, very strange to you, that probably means you don't know about this cheap trick. :P

On Twin Seeds Course 2 and Course 3, there are orange and blue "switches" which, when you hit them, cause a bunch of stars to rain down from above. The trick is that you can activate these switches as many times as you like, and just keep collecting the stars to rack up points. Normally you'd finish Twin Seeds with quite a lot of time left on the clock - more than 80 seconds if you're quick - so you can afford to burn up all of that extra time collecting stars from the switches, which should greatly improve your overall score.

If you get particularly good, you can keep moving in loops so that you hit the orange switch, collect some stars as they're falling, move back and hit the switch and actually link each "wave" of stars to get a really good link bonus (the best I've had is above 60 links), but this may take some practice.

Deciding when to *stop* collecting stars and get on and finish the level can be slightly tricky though, as you want to leave yourself just enough time to get to the end alive. A note I made says that I was collecting stars in Course 2 until the clock reached "70 seconds left", then finishing Course 3 and Course 4 ASAP, but that may be slightly too tight (or not as tight as it could be? I haven't tried this for a while). Anyhow, hope that helps explain those silly looking scores!. :)

02-13-2006, 10:16 AM
tabitha is not online. Last active: 3/20/2007 11:04:06 PM tabitha

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 01-22-2006
Posts 536
Re: The cheesy star-switch trick
Reply Quote
Yeah this was a pretty dirty trick, heh, I think I favored doing this on the third level as you could link the stars directly into the wierd little bubble with all the rings inside it, if you hit it at the right angle you can continue the link from the last set of stars all the way to the Ideya capture.

Heh, I havent played this one for a while Either, I think Twin Seeds is acctually alot of fun although I am dreadful at the last level and Wizeman is kind of dissapointing once you get the hang of him.

03-02-2006, 4:05 AM
gsk is not online. Last active: 5/2/2007 2:58:57 PM gsk

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 02-08-2006
London
Posts 312
Reply Quote

Just been trying to perfect that trick - my favourite place is TS3 - just before the course start news. Though only been able to hit about 50 - never managed 60.

gsk

03-12-2006, 5:27 AM
Lance Way is not online. Last active: 1/25/2007 2:48:51 AM Lance Way

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 02-11-2006
England
Posts 148
Reply Quote

A quick bit of advice I posted in the score submissions forum, which really should be here too for reference:

Miles wrote:
I don't really get how you're supposed to link the waves of stars together...

Lance Way wrote:
For the record, I think my explanation of that in the Twin Seeds thread was a bit wrong... I had a go at Twin Seeds earlier this week, and I found it very hard to link more than two waves of stars together consistently, so it might be that I wasn't actually doing that anyway. Linking two waves at a time isn't so bad though, and if you just keep doing them in twos you should get a 30 to 50 link each time; the basic rhythm I got into was:

1) Hit the switch.
2) Hover somewhere above the switch, waiting for the stars to start falling.
3) When the stars start coming down, fly down and hit the switch again.
4) Immediately fly to the right, collecting that first wave of stars.
5) The second wave should follow straight after them, so collect them too.
6) Dash back to the switch.

It's awkward to get the hang of, because when you go to hit the switch for the second wave you have to not be too quick, otherwise the switch won't have reset. It's possible to get up to the high 30,000s and even 40,000 once you get the knack of it, though...

04-27-2006, 7:22 PM
iNFRA is not online. Last active: 4/28/2006 7:41:36 AM iNFRA

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 04-27-2006
Scotland
Posts 26
Reply Quote

AH! Thankyou, i forgot the switches could be actived again and again. I was curious as to where people were getting so many items in TS. TS is my best level (hey no scenery to crash into, lol) so anything that can make my score better is very welcome. Thankyou for the tips!

*goes to blow her current highscore out the water*

Dare to Dream?
Scoreattack.net » Score Attack - ... » Twin Seeds » The cheesy star-switch trick