Welcome to Scoreattack.net Sign in | Join | Faq

Christmas Nights

Started by EVL at 03-20-2006 4:27 AM. Topic has 5 replies.

Print Search
Sort Posts:    
   03-20-2006, 4:27 AM
EVL is not online. Last active: 3/28/2007 5:45:53 AM EVL

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 01-30-2006
UK
Posts 83
Odd little thing I noticed the other day...
Reply Quote
You know when the little baddies jump elliot at the beginning of his level, and the camera goes to follow one of them take his ideya to the capture, you can still control elliot while the camera is off him (something I read in one of the FAQs). Well, for elliots level in christmas nights, you can actually reach Nights before the camera switches back (you can tell because you can hear the little chime for when you become Nights). The odd thing is that when the camera gets back to Nights, he's flying like he's in a sat down position (I don't know if I can really explain it, you'll have to see it to see what I mean). I can't think why it does that, and I'm sure it doesn't make any difference, but it puts a smile on my face whenever I see it. :)

03-20-2006, 8:17 AM
tabitha is not online. Last active: 3/20/2007 11:04:06 PM tabitha

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 01-22-2006
Posts 536
Re: Odd little thing I noticed the other day...
Reply Quote
Thats absolutely fantastic! I am going to try that in a second and try and tape it. Any idea if you can do this in any other levels?

03-20-2006, 8:34 AM

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 01-30-2006
UK
Posts 83
Reply Quote
I'm not sure - I don't know whether the children move relative to where the camera was pointing when it left them (in which case just pushing forwards would get you as close to the Nights shrine thing as you could) or relative to where it's currently pointing when following the critters.

If it's the first case, then since I've only been moving the children when the camera's off them by pushing forwards, you won't be able to do it for any of the other levels that I've tried (which is most, but probably not all).

If it's the second case, then you could probably get the kid a bit further, but you'd have to know which way to push the analog stick, but trying to work out in which direction to push it confuses me...

03-21-2006, 3:11 PM
Miles is not online. Last active: 9/24/2007 10:39:03 PM Miles

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 02-18-2006
Posts 60
Reply Quote
It's where the camera's pointing when it left;  Also, I've managed to do this on Spring Valley, Mystic Forest, and Splash Garden.

I uploaded a video of this glitch if anyone wants to see it:
http://www.vortiginous.com/miles/NiGHTS/NiGHTS_sitting_glitch.zip

http://www.elitescores.com/
   03-22-2006, 1:56 AM

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 01-30-2006
UK
Posts 83
Reply Quote
Aah okay, I'm surprised that I haven't managed to get him to do it on Splash Garden then - I've definately tried with that level.

Oh and tabitha, I think you might have mis-spelled my name. :P

03-22-2006, 7:28 AM
tabitha is not online. Last active: 3/20/2007 11:04:06 PM tabitha

Top 10 Posts
Joined on 01-22-2006
Posts 536
Reply Quote
I slapped up a quick video of this on the glitches pages along with the video Miles recorded. Also EVL im totally sorry, I did this just after I woke up. I will alter it immediatly;

Scoreattack.net » Score Attack - ... » Christmas Night... » Re: Odd little thing I noticed the other day...